Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Long Weekend & Good Bye Summer!


Today is the unofficial end to the summer.  Kids are heading back to school in just a few days, which means that I will be heading back to my job as a part time nanny in just a few days.  Am I sad to see summer go? You betcha, but at the same time the fall is going to be so busy and amazing that I won't have time to be sad about summers end.  

This summer started off with me freaking out because of a big decision I made last year, but not returning to camp turned out to be the best thing for me.  Because of this decision I have a new job and new opportunities.  I was also able to spend time with friends and my family this summer.

4th of July Party in the Park
Playing in one of Philly's many fountains with Jules
Alyssa's new grill. 


And then of course the Surfing!  I can't even count how many times Simon and I went to the beach this summer.  It was well worth the gas money and tolls to surf as much as we did.  Our season isn't over by any means we will still get a few more trips in before the weather gets too nippy, but this summer we saw some of the best waves ever on the shore.  Simon also says that I'm starting to have mad skillz on a short board.  Now all I have to do is learn to duck dive.

The best pic Simon has ever taken of me surfing.

There is one more adventure for this summer and It's going to be pretty spectacular.  Tonight Simon and I are going to see Bruce Springsteen play, we even scored amazing seats thanks to our friend Josh.  It's the perfect way to end the summer.  



No comments: