Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Gift Knitting: The Plan


I have been making great head way on my holiday knitting and have five gifts completed and have started a 6th.  I don't remember if I ever laid out my gift knitting strategie, so here it is.

Hats: knit 4, all for boys. Complete!
Scarves/Shawls/Cowls: Knit 5 all for ladies, 1 complete 4 more to go.  These are the next items to get knocked over.  I hope to have them all finished by the end of the summer.
Sweaters: Knit 1 for a very special recipient, still have to purchase yarn.  This project is slated for September, it's a simple cardi that I've made before, so it shouldn't take me too long.
Toys: Knit 2 sheep for the babies, This will be late in the fall probably around October/November.

My plan for the summer was to knit two gifts each month.  So far I've been able to complete this with no problem.  I may actually finish a third this month which would put me ahead of schedule.  Next on the list of gift knits, two items from the scarves/shawls/cowls category.  (The above pic is one of those items, but I'm not going to say who it's for.) Oh, and ordering that yarn for that special sweater.

I may add a few extra bits, in the way of dish cloths and tea towels, to the list just in case I forgot someone or need an extra gift.

No comments: