Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June's Knitting Update

Here's a look at what is on the needles, from the dye pot and in the works this month.  
I am almost complete on my first shawl design.  The yarn is some peace silk that I dyed and I am in love with it.    Peace silk is a fair trade hand spun silk made from silk cocoons after the silk moth has emerged.

My other project is a bit of a secret and this is all I can show you.  It's another project for No Two Snowflakes.  The yarn is some of NTS hand dyed silk.  Silk is the name of the game this month.

This little booger is something I have planed for September.  That's right I'm already working on September's knits.  I am super proud of myself for starting the fall knits.

These swatches are also for September and are the above projects buddies.  I am super excited about this project, but I have to keep it a bit mysterious for a little while.  

I am starting to plan my gift knitting and hope to be casting on or a few gifts very soon.  Here are two different yarns for two different gifts.  Funny they are both Elsabeth Lavold.  

I've been finishing up my dyeing for Alchemy Hour.  I was playing around with my purple and blue dyes.  

This was an experiment with my black dye.  It is so much fun to play with all my new dyes.  I really need to get more yarn, because I could dye 10 hanks a day and still want to do it again the next day.  

No comments: