Friday, May 18, 2012

Crocheted Doily Blanket


One of my goals for 30 before 30 is to crochet a doily blanket.  I was going to wait to to do this till the fall, but Nancy at Nangellini had the perfect yarn for this project.  By perfect I mean an aqua heather super wash wool.    


I haven't crocheted in awhile and it was fun to get back in the saddle.  While I love knitting garments when it comes to blankets and such I much prefer crochet. 


The first 20 rows were a breeze and were completed quickly, but once I got past that 20th row this project started to take some time.  

Here is a shot of one of the completed pineapples. 
  I have two rows left to crochet and I'll be finished.  As of right now it takes about 30 to 40 min to crochet one row.  That means I have about an hour left of crocheting to go.  
What am I going to do on my Friday night?  Stay home drink a beer and finish crocheting my doily blanket, unless some better offer comes around. 

2 comments:

mlh said...

Where can I get a copy of this pattern?

BlueBetty said...

I found this pattern through ravelry.com it's called double pineapple doily. It's a free vintage doily pattern.