Monday, March 5, 2012

My Weekend in Photos



When I came home from work on Friday this lovely package was waiting for me.  I am very excited about getting yarn.  First off, I can now finish that pattern I've been working on, and secondly, I have the yarn for my second pattern, and thirdly I have the yarn for a personal project.  Getting fun mail makes any day better.


I then dragged Simon to a gallery reception at B Square Gallery.  The Show was called Not a Stitch, all the art pieces were two dimensional renderings and interpretations of knitting and other types of needle work.


This one was my favorite.  It's titled "Love in a Cold Climate" by Oompha Joompha.  I told Simon that it would go great in our bedroom, but I don't think he was sold.


After the Gallery we popped on over to our favorite restaurant, Sabrina's.  They have one of the best burgers in town.  We treated ourselves to piles of fries and a burger stacked with all the fixings.  This one was on Mom since she sent us a package for Easter (a super early Easter package) and the card had a bit of cash in it, perfect for going to Sabrina's.  Thanks Mom!


Saturday was beautiful and we walked all over the city.  I spotted a lot of birds nests in the bare trees.  I find the intricately built bed of twigs and sticks fascinating.


This tree had two more birds nests in it.  I didn't see them till I was walking away.  The tree is one of the larger ones in our neighborhood.  It's in a small park a block away from us.  It's the perfect climbing tree and I'm surprised I don't see more kids playing there.


That afternoon I made cookies.  These maybe the best cookie recipe ever.  It's vegan, gluten free, it's easy, and it doesn't require any weird ingredient.  You can see the recipe over on My Girl Thursday.

  
Then we made fajitas.  There one of Simon's favorites so he was super excited that I made them.  We also had a chat to Simon's bestie is Oz.  I'm not sure if Simon would say bestie, but I would and will.


Sunday culminated in a jam session at our friends house.  We played lots of music and drank some wonderful wine and ate Thai food from Circles.


Ralph was not pleased with our merry making and promptly let us know by hiding in this grocery bag and meowing at anyone who passed by.

No comments: