Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wedding Guest Dress Part I

Here it is the dress I am making for the Wedding I am attending in about two weeks.  I've made this dress before, but this time I am going to be making view A.  When I made it the first time I made version C, but with out sleeves.


I went Fabric shopping before the holidays and fell in love with this amazing navy low sheen satin.  I went back before the new year and bought enough to make this dress.


I had one small problem, the lining.  This dress is fully lined, but I couldn't find a lining fabric that matched the purple blue color of the satin.  To remedy this I decided to line the dress in a contrasting color and I found one that made the blue pop, even if no one will see it I'll know that my dress is lined in Hot Pink.


I am considering making a facing in the blue so that the pink doesn't poke out from the top of the bodice.  All my pieces are cut and ready to go.  Now it's time to get sewing!


No comments: