Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spring Sewing Plans

Now that I've finished my dress project I want to start looking ahead to spring and summer.  I have also been inspired by the latest posts on Dixie DIY.  They were about cataloging your wardrobe and looking for gaps and reasons why things don't get worn.  You can read part I and part II.  

I'm not sure if I want to go all fancy with spread sheets and categories about color and patter, but it would be great to get an idea of what I've got, what I don't wear, why I don't wear it, and what I need.  

On the subject of sewing.  I don't know if I need any of theses items, but I really want to make them.  

Sorbetto, Coletterie
Colette's Sobetto is deffinatly something I will be making in many different colors and prints.  I may just have to learn to draft sleeves just so I can make a few fancy dress shirts.

Pantastic Sailor Digs

Pants are something I really want to tackle in the next few months.  Especially wide leg sailor pants.
Cropped Collarless Jacket
This Chanel inspired jacket makes me drool and want to tailor some more. These three projects could keep me busy for awhile.

No comments: