Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Long Weekend

I'm back, well I was back yesterday from Jim Thorpe, but we still had our friends staying with us.  It was a great long weekend with a lot of events.  Our first event was a student of mine's Birthday.  He was my student at the camp I worked at and lest summer he was old enough to come back and work on staff. 


I got to see some friends that I hadn't seen in awhile and catch up with another one of my old students who goes to school in Boston. We had dinner at Bucca di Beppo.  


We sat in the Pope room at the restaurant.  There was a bust of the pope on a lazy susan in the center of the table.  We played spin the pope a lot during dinner. 


Other than all the pope pictures the food was yummy and the company was great.  
Then on Saturday our friends from Boston came down for our friends wedding in Jim Thorpe.  It was great to see them and Simon and I were excited to spend time with them.  


The wedding was beautiful and the food was amazing.  It was from the catering company that uses all local produce and meat.  They had the best crab cakes I have ever eaten in  my life.  The reception is where I took most of the pictures.  


The bride's dress was beautiful and almost like a sculpture with all the draping and crinolines.  It was reminiscent of butter cream frosting.  (Oh, by the way the cake was amazing!)


This photo has a great story.  Our friend Josh was the DJ and he played raining men and all the guys we are friends with got up and danced on the small stage in the reception hall.  It was hilarious.  


It was a great party.  I was so caught up with all the fun I forgot to have Simon take a picture of my dress.  I will have to have a photo shoot or see if any of my friends have on of me wearing my dress.  (The dress came out perfect and it fit like a dream!)

Now I am looking forward to sitting around on in my living room, watching some netflix and knitting.  


No comments: