Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 9: Guest Post with Jess from Upcountry Vintage

Hi there! Jess from Upcountry Vintage here. I love to share creative ways to upcycle items on my blog. On my last trip to see my family in California in September, I came across a lot of vintage brooches and broken jewelry that had been passed down to me. They were missing stones, backings, or other important parts to function as jewelry.

I think a great way to use vintage jewelry is incorporating it into your gift wrap as the centerpiece in lieu of a bow. I have tied up the following gifts with ribbon, accented them with squares of burlap, and then placed a broken trinket in the center.

You can usually find pretty things like this while thrifting or going to garage sales, and you can make a nice looking package for about the same cost as a box store bow or gift bag.

The centerpiece of this package is a ring I loved but it broke







The focal point of this gift is a brooch on a large piece of ribbon
Check out these other great links for ideas and inspiration for incorporating vintage baubles into your gift wrapping this Holiday!

 Susan Jane Jewels
 Confetti Style
 Design Sponge: Gift Toppers

Also, be sure to check out my blog for my 12 Days of Gift Wrapping for lots of ways to add special touches to
your gift giving this season!
Happy Holidays.
Love, Jess

No comments: