Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 10: Quick Yarn Embelished Picture Frames

These frames are easy and quick to make.  They are perfect for a last minuet gift and take only a few materials and only a few minuets to complete.

Materials
Frames (mine are some wooden frames from Ikea that I painted earlier)
Yarn (I had some recycled sari silk sitting around that I wanted to use up)
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun

While your hot glue gun is heating up cut your yarn in the appropriate length and play around with the layout of the yarn on the frame. 

Once you find a layout you like best glue the yarn to the back of the frame.  Be careful not to block where the picture goes so that you can close up your frame. 

Continue gluing your yarn to your frame until you have used all your cuts of yarn or are satisfied with the overall look of the frame

Insert a fun and meaningful picture and you are set!  I chose one of my brother and me at my wedding.


1 comment:

Erin Kate said...

adorable! Thanks for the tutorial!