Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dress Making: The Fatina

My best friend from back home is getting married and I have nothing formal enough to wear to their very formal wedding.  To solve my problem I spent at least two hours combing Burda Style for a versatile, yet dressy dress pattern.  Now don't get me wrong there were a ton of patterns to choose from, some of which I already have, but I was looking for something simple and chic.  Something I could style a thousand different ways, and make out of every type of fabric on could thing of.

At the close of my two hours of "research" I finally decided on the Fatina.  It's a simple shift dress with lots of potential.  It meets all of my requirements and I can make one to wear to my best friends wedding and I can make one to wear out in my daily life.  I can also easily alter the pattern for a different look. 

Now all I need to do is find some fabric and get sewing.  Since I am going to spend a pretty penny on the fabric I may actually make a muslin. 



No comments: