Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cactus Project Part 1

I have a friend who has requested that I knit him a cactus, but not just any plain old green cactus. He wants a crazy, patchy multi-colored cactus for his huge front window in his house.

I've decided to knit said cactus using modular hexagons and no real pattern. In the next few weeks I will share my progress with you on the cactus project.

I have purchsed the yarn and according to my friend he does not want it to be any where close in color to a real cactus so you can see below what my main colors are going to be. These are just to skeins of Patons classic wool in two different variegated color ways.

I will also supplement some of the yarn with scraps from my stash, and other odds and ends that I have floating about my baskets of yarn. I plan on getting started today so I should have some picks of what the hexagons look like soon.

No comments: